At the end of 3 years of collaboration within a working group, bringing together industrials and professionals in the wood sector, design offices and supported by Bois HD, we are proud to announce the validation of a new wood facade solution meeting fire regulations.
The objective of this working group was to develop an optimize solution for a complex in wood structure and wood cladding with obtaining a laboratory assessment relating to the fire behavior of a facade element.
Following a LEPIR2 test, this new wood facade solution obtained a laboratory assessment relating to the fire behavior of a facade element according to §5.3 of IT249: 2010 and, it also complies with the decree of August 7, 2019 from the Ministries of the Interior and Housing.
The strengths of this new solution:
- Limiting the overhang of the deflectors to a minimum of 50mm,
- The use of wood cladding with a reaction to fire classification of at least D-s2-d0,
- Postage for the air gap closure device,
- The implementation of bio-based insulation with a minimum Euroclass D facing,
- The possibility of using several types of cladding, including openwork aspect (horizontal installation only) for a multitude of architectural projects.
To find out more about this new solution, do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form.
Photos credit : Architect Agency: ARCHI 5 – REI Habitat – Photographer : Sergio Grazia